We’re excited to announce the addition of Saccharomyces boulardii to Amplified Probiotics.
S. boulardii sounds like some bizarre microorganism, but you’ve probably consumed it before. It’s commonly found in kombucha, the fermented tea drink that many know and love.
This beneficial yeast has been prescribed over the last 30 years for prophylaxis and treatment of diarrheal diseases caused by bacteria. Most notably, it has been used in hospitals to help eradicate antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections such as C. diff.
S. boulardii has an abundance of research showing a wide range of health benefits:
- Fights yeast such as candida
- Fights H. pylori which causes ulcers
Why we added Saccharomyces boulardii:
- Symbiotic with the other strains in the formula, especially B. coagulans
- Another hearty spore-forming strain to combat harmful spore-forming pathogens
- Doesn’t require refrigeration